A simple muffin sweetened with fruit only. These are great for snacks and lunches. They are also FODMAP friendly. I sometimes use almond or other nut flours. Remember that coconut flour is particularly absorbent and sucks up a lot of moisture. As a rough guide, which has worked well for me, substitute 1/2 cup of coconut flour with 2 cups of almond flour.
Baking time 20-25 minutes
1/2 cup / 120g almond butter (I have used peanut butter or a combination of both)
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup / 60g coconut flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
2. Line a muffin tin with cases.
3. In a blender or food processor combine bananas, eggs, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla.
4. Add in the coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, soda, and salt.
5. Blend into the wet mixture, scraping down the sides with a spatula.
6. Spoon in to the muffin cases.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Best stored in the fridge or frozen
Cocoa powder is FODMAP friendly – use 1tbsp.
You could also stir in 2tbsp chopped walnuts to the mixture if wished.